Can one define what truth is? Let me define this, it is a statement or combination of statements that describes an actual incident or incidents exactly with every word having no vagueness. After hearing truth, no one should deny that it is incorrect. Let us take one statement, India is my country. Can I say this statement is true? From individuals standpoint it is absolutely fine. But, if we say country can not belong to one individual, then that statement will not be termed as a truth. Taking another example, if I tell, the value of pi is 3.14, then some will agree with this and others will say that its value is 3.14….. up to infinity. So, what is the conclusion citing above examples? Simply to state that something said may be true in one mental picture and false from others. I think truth can be perfectly described taking the example of congruent triangles. Two triangles are said congruent if and only if one placed over the other completely overlaps it. So a particular thing should be true from any observation we see it. But I think this is impossible. So giving practical example of truth in our life I will take the example of two triangles that are similar. This simply means that diverse people can see a particular thing in different ways but overall they will resemble a common idea just like two similar triangles whose area may differ and lengths also, but they will look similar.
I will consider truth definition as mentioned latter. In friend circle, speaking truth will result respect. The person speaking truth will be admired by most of the friends. His words will get credence in a discussion. Just summarizing, I think, truth in day to day life generally fetches respect.
Using truth as a weapon in corporate world will certainly back fire. I think there is no such thing called truth or lie in this C world. What makes the difference is the proper blend of truth and lie. To succeed in this C world, it is very important to be superior in this deception. Because this trickery is a double edged, that can help one as well as put someone into despair. Better not to use if not confident. It involves lot of judgment and practice and much more to have mastery over this art. But this will surely forfeit in a long run.
As a person, I think, truth and lie are a matter of individual’s perception. Finally what matters is what one feels after saying something. If one is telling lie and he knows that it is not going to have negative effect on anyone, then there is no issue why one can’t say lie under this circumstance. I think one can either use truth or lie in his day to activities in such way that people feel he is telling truth. But this should be done considering one fact, that the latter opinion should last forever without any negative outcome. Finally, I think, people who enjoy their life actually know the importance of above discussed terms, and when and where to use them.
1 comment:
Well written article.
Post a Comment